Wednesday, July 16, 2014

small god or Big God

I've been thinking a lot about why people would ever oppose Marriage Restoration. After speaking with a couple people and thinking it through I've reached the conclusion that as a whole the church has lost its faith in God and don't believe He is able to do the impossible. As a whole we've succumbed to the ways of the world. How tragic! It all comes down to whether or not you believe in a small god or a Big God.

We serve a MIGHTY God, who is capable of ALL things. The problem, however, is that we don't believe anymore. Back in the biblical day people used to have so much Faith that touching the hem of His garment healed them of issues no amount of money or doctor could. People lowered themselves down through rooftops just have Jesus lay hands on them. They believed that He was capable of speaking healing into place. God hasn't changed, so why have we?

I find more and more that there aren't more testimonies because people could not surrender to our Lord and endure His tests. We don't trust in His will anymore. We've taken the reigns of our lives and secured our spot in Hell. At this rate there is only going to be standing room. 

How on earth could we ever give up on God, how could be stop believing in a Lord who spoke the heavens and earth into existence. Is it any wonder that the church is as fractured as the world and the divorce rate is higher among believers.

I urge you NOT to give up on God. He never gives up on you. If you have trouble with faith, our Lord is gracious enough to help with that. He bore our sins on the cross and asked the Father to forgive us even as we mocked and spat at Him. And trust me we are still mocking and spitting on Him today with our words and actions yet still He loves and pursues us and speaks to the Father on our behalf.

We truly have traded the beauty and glory of God for ashes. We don't dream dreams or have Faith in a big God. More people, more churches don't believe in or support marriage restoration because it exposes the truth about our hearts and lives. Our words speak God yet our hearts are far from Him. We don't believe in a BIG GOD anymore. We don't believe in miracles. We believe the lies the world tells us about God only desiring us to be happy and life is all about being happy and when you aren't you need to find something that will create that happiness. We believe the lie divorce is okay and marriage is only until we find better. I didn't recite any of that in my vows or read that in the Bible...did you?

Going through the Restoration process has transformed and blessed my life. My eyes are no longer focused on the sins of my prodigal but on my Lord. I'm in awe of His forgiveness and grace, mercy and truth. Our Lord has opened my eyes to His glory and my weakness. Through this process He blessed me with the opportunity to fall in love with my husband all over again. He's shown me true forgiveness which has enabled me to forgive things I never imagined. I now long for the day when my prodigal can forgive me rather than seek to point out any faults or hear an apology for wrongs. This process isn't just about God restoring our marriages but about our Perfect, Loving, Father Restoring His children (us) back to Him. This process while the most painful experience ever, also allows for those miracles no one believes in. It allows God to be GOD and us to find rest and comfort in His arms. Restoration blesses me daily because I get to pray for my beloved and petition God on His behalf. I also have the privilege of praying for others; another blessing. Its a beautiful thing to ask God to bless and heal others, to know and believe He WILL SAVE THEM.

Standing for your marriage is NOT for the faint of heart. You will be hurt repeatedly. The beauty and blessing lie in being able to see God move MIGHTILY in your life and the lives of your loved ones. God does HATE divorce and HE DOES RESTORE MARRIAGES. HE IS STILL A GOD OF MIRACLES. Can you take a stand and believe Him instead of the lies of the world? Can you take a stand against the enemy and tell him with your prayers to our Father, that he doesn't get to have one more of God's precious children? Can you take time out of your day and petition God on behalf of the soul of another? Restoration isn't about living happily ever after, its about our desperate need for SALVATION. 

So if you're Standing, don't waver. Trust God. If you're a prodigal look to Him and He WILL SAVE you. And oh yeah, GO HOME. Love like you've never known awaits you. If you think this is all crap I'll pray for you. 

May God Bless and keep you and may you see our Lord for who He truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment